As part of my commitment to contributing to the social and enviromental good, and in keeping with my goal of becoming a certified B Corporation, I am sharing metrics related to the impact of my business.
My goals and intentions for 2017 include:
- 1.1% for the environment: Contribute at least 1.1% of revenues to charitable environmental causes.
- Carbon offset: In addition to that goal, pay to offset a minimum of 25% of my personal and business carbon footprint.
Update (9/15/2017): Exceeded this goal through enrollment in the Carbonfund.org Carbonfree® Partner program, offsetting more than 100% of Evident’s carbon footprint for the year and subscribing in automatic annual renewal (view PDF certificate).
- Local dollars: Return at least $2,500 to the local economy by using professional service providers who are located within Lancaster County, Pennsylvania.
Update (9/15/2017): Exceeded this goal for 2017.
- Establish a minimum of 20% of Evident’s expenses (excluding labor) spent with local independent suppliers.
- Monitor, record, and report on greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and energy usage, to improve upon in 2018.
- Reach a score of 80 in the B Impact Assessment. Current score is 18.9 (not yet verified).
- Governance: 6.4
- Community: 5.9
- Environment: 6.6
- Customers: N/A
I will update this page with my progress toward these goals throughout the year and at the end of the year.
My current list of priorities for improving the B Impact Assessment includes:
- Establish a social and environmental screen that is used for a majority of Evident’s significant suppliers.
- Switch from current bank (Bank of America) to a local cooperative bank or credit union committed to serving the community.
- Make necessary change so that at least one of Evident’s top five significant suppliers is majority owned by women or individuals from underrepresented populations.
- Create a non-fiduciary advisory board that is 50% women. Include community/environmental representation on the advisory board.
- Implement a written policy giving preference to suppliers owned by women or individuals from underrepresented populations, and follow it.
- Create a statement on the intended social and environmental impact of Evident’s charitable contributions.
Last updated September 13, 2017